Eurovision is fast approaching, and hundreds of OGAE UK members will soon be descending upon Lisbon.
We still await details of Euroclub, Eurocafe etc, but, to give you a break from partying, there will also be the chance for some culture (as if Eurovision wasn’t cultural enough already….)
OGAE UK member James Sheen is organising a wine tasting tour for club members on the 7th and 9th May (the Monday and Wednesday of Eurovision week). The tours look like being a great day out – and you’ll still be back in time for the evening entertainments!
The itinerary is as follows:
- Daytrip to Setúbal (visit to the local market and hilltop fortress for great views)
- Lunch at a fish restaurant (it’s like a buffet but they serve in the table all the fish you want, and also sides and drinks).
- After we can stop in a beach area for a bit of relaxing time and a coffee or drink, and some more nice views of the coast.
- After drive to Azeitão to visit one winery.
- We have two options there – (to be confirmed which)
- one is a shorter visit and a simple tasting in José Maria da Fonseca (lasts around 40/45 min) and the second is a bit longer visit of Quinta da Bacalhoa with tasting (lasts around 1.30h)
- The tour pick-up is at 9am, returning by 6pm.
The price of the tour is £69.99 each (includes lunch and winery visit).
The tour on 9th May is now sold out, but limited tickets are now available for the tour on Monday 7th May here. There are three tickets left for the buses already booked – further places may be available, but these will need to be booked in groups of eight.
Please note that all queries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org